Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies! Every day from December 1 through December 12 I will post a new cookie recipe! I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do ! These are 12 of our family favorites! I would love to help incorporate your cookie recipes in our 12 days as well! Send me a link and I will get it on the page!
On the second day of cookies my sweet love gave to me Marshmallow Chocolate Chunk Cookies ! Today we are making a super yummy and a cookie that Santa will LOVE! This will be the star of any cookie exchange! Well let’s get this party started!!
1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup ( which is 1 stick) unsalted ( remember the salt!!) butter
24 ounce semisweet chocolate chopped into pieces ( not chips)
1 cup of granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment, please do not grease the pan. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set this bowl aside and let’s work on wet ingredients.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl. Combine the butter and half the chocolate ( about 12 ounces). Microwave on high and stop and stir every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Let this cool slightly so it will not scramble the eggs. Let’s whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until completely smooth.
- Gradually mix both the flour and wet ingredients together. Do not over mix. Fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drop mounds with two spoons. Make each mound about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake and rotate halfway during middle of baking. Bake until firm around the edges and cracked on the tops for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks.
A big thank you to Real Simple for this amazing recipe! This recipe is found here
If you make this please post it on my facebook page! I would love to see them!
Until next time….