Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies! Every day from December 1 through December 12 I will post a new cookie recipe! I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do ! These are 12 of our family favorites! I would love to help incorporate your cookie recipes in our 12 days as well! Send me a link and I will get it on the page!
On the sixth day of cookies my sweet love gave to me Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies! You know sometimes you just have to have some chocolate and these are the best thing to fill that void!
1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter ( this is 1 whole stick of butter)
24 Ounces of semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup of sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk the first 4 ingredients ( dry ingredients) and place to the side.
- Combine the butter and 12 ounces of the chocolate ( this should be about 2 cups). Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Please stir between each 30 seconds until melted. Let cook slightly so we can start adding the other wet ingredients.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful to not overmix. Fold in the extra 12 ounces of not melted chocolate chunks. Let this mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake and rotate the baking sheets halfway through. You want the cookies to be firm around the edges. The done cookies should have cracks on the top of the cookies. This should take 12 to 15 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Shout out to Real Simple for this amazing recipe! You can find this recipe here
Until next time ( which is tomorrow )